Oct 24, 2011

There is a mean old

Cat Lady that lives just a few doors down from us.  She hates us (me, Renee has ne'er talked to her.)

She hates me b/c I confused the name of one of her cats w/ another cat that prowls around the Golf Course Condo Extravaganza we live in.

She has a male cat, Sparkles, (what the hell, I am sorry, kind of name is that? Especially for a cat) that weighs over thirty pounds.

Sparkles is grey and white.

Anyhoo, the Mean Old Cat Lady showed up at my store the other day.  I had ne'er seen her there before.  She was coming out of the bathroom, natch, and def saw me but despite my pleasant smile, acted as if she had no idea who I was.

Mean Old Cat Lady has a v large (not too chic) purple purse.

I tried to point out Mean Old Cat Lady to my buddy, Nick C, who was working with me at the time.  We were at the "Cheese Island", surrounded by the "Coffin Case", and Nick C was intently helping a moderately difficult customer whilst Mean Old Cat Lady was across from us, facing the other direction, at the Prepared Foods Counter.

I knew I could not have a conversation w/ Nick C, so, I took a small "taster" piece of wax paper and drew an arrow on't w/ a Sharpie.  Underneath the arrow I wrote the following words, "Mean Old Cat Lady (purple purse)".  I would move the arrow like a Ouija board towards my victim so that perchance Nick C got a chance, he would see her.

It did not work.

But we had a good laugh.

************

This was the same night the Rangers clinched the pennant.  And as Renee fell asleep on my  lap, me stroking her lovely curly locks, I heard a hiss.

We had left the main porch door open.  (It has been hot here, still.)  And there was a cat right up against our screen confronting Molly (our kitten).

It was forty pound Sparkles, right up in Molly's (and ours) grille.

Sparkles had ne'er been on our porch before, much less right up against the screen.  


I chased him off (but when I went to smoke later and Molly was quite content on the couch, away from the windoor) Sparkles had returned.

He ran away again.

************

You have got to be
Wary
Of the mean
Old
Cat Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment