Jul 15, 2010

I am a puddle,

Certainly triple digits in the 925 today.  You know, there is a tennis court and a basketball court here where Renee and I live (and a number of swimming pools) yet no one was out playing tennis or basketball today.  Crickets, or rather, Sinister Heat Hiss.

The walk, the HILL, was daunting, but just at the bottom, at Homestead.  It was a breeze.  I even smoked a cigarette just for kicks.  


I like heat, a lot.  I really like hot, too.  Humid does not bother me, neither (though humid is mostly a Texas memory-  humid does not like the Bay Area, full-stop.)


On the walk home I listened to these guys.  It's from a record called Hawaii.  


I took out the recycling, trash, opened the place up, turned on one lamp and this computer, I think three fans, sucked doon half an ounce of Pepsi, poured myself a tall glass of iced tea and a short glass of Swanson Merlot (are you beginning to see just how effing tough I am? I drink Napa effing Merlot in triple digit weather! Underwater arc-welders are wimps, man,) and decided to share all of this with all of you!


Gotta go, I need to refill my wine glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment