Nov 30, 2010

Bands in Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

Note:  I am not going to get in to who actually wrote, performed, whate'er, i.e. Beck, Broken Social Scene, (Wait, Broken Social Scene? Is not that one of the worst names for a band e'er?) anyhoo, ...

There are four groups in Scott Pilgrim.  My least favorite is the Katayanagi Bros.  They are v lame.

My third fave group in the film is Sex Bob-Omb.  They are the quintessential 'idea' of what 'garage' looks & sounds like to record execs.  But could we please finally put the word serpentine to rest for rock lyrics?

Next, I like Crash and the Boys.  Mainly b/c it is an idea stolen from me & my buddy Nick C.  We used to 'play' whole shows while we worked together wherein our 'group' (Nick C. & I) would (& Crash and the Boys) play super super super short songs, most written on the spot, that were meant to intimidate and humiliate our audience.  Kind of an improv jukebox of derision, if you will.

The Clash at Demonhead
But my fave band in Scott Pilgrim has to be:  The Clash at Demonhead.  I do not know if it is b/c of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Gang of Four influenced song or if it is b/c of Brie Larson in that outfit of hers, ...











.........  I'm thinking it is Ms Larson, ....

No comments:

Post a Comment