May 16, 2010

Saw the

Informant! & sex, drugs, & and rock n roll last night.  Man, does Soderburgh ever take a day off? I loved the script's use of VO during crucial early scenes, which leaves everyone guessing as to what is really going on at ADM.  & me & Renee really like Matt Damon all shlumpy, w/ the walrus mustache.  Maybe we're just weird.  Plus, it was fun to see my boy, Joel McHale in a movie.  It was a compelling story told in a v entertaining way.

Sex drugs & rock n roll is a Ian Dury biopic.  Entertaining in spots, I was, as is so often the case w/ me, disappointed ultimately & left hungering for a good juicy 90 min documentary on Dury.  New Boots & Panties is still one of the greatest album titles ever, tho.

& i am officially totally crushed out on Naomie Harris.  I loved her in Tristram Shandy & 28 Days Later, & she was my fave thing in this movie, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment