Aug 10, 2010

Detective Moltanbano: GREAT ITALIAN TV

MAN, I was just flicking thru channels last night, found a great Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes and was furious that it was a two-parter. I was hoping that they'd show the second part but instead they showed what KCSM (San Mateo PBS) called International Mystery, "great European mysteries that no one has seen."
Boy, did I roll my eyes. And I was pretty frickin' sleepy, anyhoo. & then they unloaded this Italian TV movie by Rai Trade?
It is fucking fantastic. And I am going to return to International Mystery and look for dvds of this great mystery series in Italy.
Detective Moltalbono is an awesome dude. He's faithful (at least in this episode) despite being tempted by a scalding hot Swedish chick (who happens to speak flawless Italian, making me think she's just a blonde, blue-eyed No. Italian.) And every time a luckless villager believes that they will be hauled in to jail for some peripheral crime they have committed Moltalbono kisses them and tells them to be more careful. (& in last night's episode he worked the villian for a v large recovery award that helped a couple take care of their v ill child.)
NICK!there are boobies. This is Italy, after all. Here in the puritanical Bay Area (what?!) they washed the boobies oot.
Fantastic stuff. I'll give you more news, reviews as I see more of these cool programs.
Hey, Bonnie!, have you seen this show? And Bonnie, don't you think they should make a TV series, great long movie of the lover's lane killer 'round Florence?

No comments:

Post a Comment