Oct 3, 2010

Well, (OU/Texas, Part Deux)

I was right about the point differential, and pretty close on the over/under but I got the schools wrong.

The Sooners survive.  You gotta feel for the kid who muffed the punt.  This has been a tragic, awful week for the UT campus.  (& I absolutely do not support conceal carry on our campuses.  Ever.)  


For the 'Horns it just gets tougher.  They get a week off to prepare for a trip to Lincoln.  The Cornhuskers are a much better team than the Sooners at this point of the season, so it is going to be v tough for the 'Horns, and they could be looking at a four or five loss season.

As for the Sooners, I will see their next game, in Norman, against Iowa State.  It is the first time I have seen the Sooners live in over thirty years.  It will be great fun and I will post some pictures. I am still underwhelmed by this 2010 team, though.  I keep waiting for them to be exposed.  Heck, I thought UT was going to expose them.  They could get it together and finish like monsters, like they did two years ago.  I hope they do.  But Landry Jones is still scary and their defense struggles with good offenses.  (Baylor hung half a hundred on Kansas yesterday.  That OU at Baylor game could be interesting.)  The Sooners do have Tech at home.  But they finish at College Station and Stillwater.  Those will be v tough games for a school that has struggled mightily on the road the last few years.

Meanwhile, Josh Hamilton is back.  We'll find oot today if we face Tampa or New York.  Playoffs start Weds.

And check this oot:  If the Padres and Braves win today then the Padres and Giants will meet in a 1 game playoff for the West title and the loser of that game would then face the Braves on Tuesday to decide who gets the Wild Card.  Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment