Nov 5, 2013

I am sick.

I have been sick for about a week now, and I imagine I am going to stay sick for another four to seven days. That is why I have not posted in so long and why my friendface posts have been haphazard and pretty weak lately.

Stéphane Audran in her younger days before Babette's Feast


During my convalescence, over the previous two days, I have been fortunate to watch two great masterpieces of the cinema.  I am not going to go in to length about them right now.  I do not have the energy or the sharpness of mind essential to commenting on them, but I would like everyone to know that I am okay, just sick (no flu), and that soon, when I am ready, I will give you the full lowdown on Robert Altman's Nashville, and the exquisite magical fairy tale of 1987, Babette's Feast.  Both of which are films I had never seen before, even though I most certainly should have. Better late than never, I suppose.

Love you all, and I raise an imaginary glass of 1845 Clos de Vougeot to you,
mds


























No comments:

Post a Comment