Jan 17, 2012

"It's on random."

Sweetie made us these wonderful pot pies Sunday.  Yum!
Some quick random thoughts: 

Man, I thought it was going to be much nastier this week down in South Carolina.  The GOP Clown Car loses the only member who could be called even remotely sane (Huntsman) and now he is plugging Mittens.  The GOP always picks the same old, boring white dudes, don't they? Good grief, unless Santorum and/or Newt drop an absolute bombshell this week, this thing is over.  ...  Saw Little Voice for the first time, and I liked it but it def was not what I expected it to be. I thought it was going to be a light comedy.  It is not.    Brenda Blethyn was great, Caine and Broadbent not so much, and Ewen McGregor's talents were completely wasted.  The impeccable Jane Horrocks was perfect, as always.  (That is Bubble to you AbFab groupies.)  And is it not great to get three more AbFabs recently? AbFab is still just as good as ever, maybe better. ...  Also saw Les Bonnes Femmes last night.  It had been a couple of years.  Gosh, it is gooood, creepy, sexy, fun, and so fantastic looking.  I think I need to own it, put it with my modest New Wave section of dvds, next to Bob Le Flambeur, Army of Shadows, Diabolique, and Claire's Knee.  I might watch Pauline at the Beach tonight on NetFlix.  Rohmer was forever my fave New Wave director, but now I think  I like Melville better.  ... Downtown Abbey is great, natch, but it kind of sneaks up on you, doesn't it? At first you are looking at it like it yet another Britsh Masterpiece thing-y, and then a few weeks later when it is over, you are upset, wanting more episodes.  I love the vicious little Edith.  Good addicting stuff. 


French ennui
 That is all. 

Kisses,

AH

No comments:

Post a Comment