Jan 24, 2012

Michele from Vinity

Came back today, to shop (his hand basket containing prosciutto, si certo) and just say, Hi.  I pointed out to him that I had just brought in the Lacrima di Morro d'Alba.  I ordered it last week.  And re-filled on a few other of his skus.

He had no idea.  Apparently, our direct ordering system does not get back to him immediately when our orders are placed.  He lamented that fact but got over it v quickly.  He really was there to invite me to The Golden Glass, which is part of the Slow Food Festival.

The Golden Glass is on February 3 and I hope the Wife and I can attend.  Michele also told me that he would bring me a bottle of the Lacrima di Morro d'Alba Reserva, just to taste, next time he saw me, even though it is not approved for the Food Hole NorCal and I can not order it or sell it.

I asked him if he was working Tre Bicchieri this year.  Michele said he was.  I had no intention of going this time but now I am starting to reconsider.  If I could just spend time with Michele, Oliver McCrum, and Julian I would most def go.

(Right now I am drinking an Australian Shiraz.  Yawn.  I just can not get in to Oz Shiraz.)

Then I asked Michele where he was from.  Rome, he said.  I told him my DiCesare roots were from the Abruzzo and he said, All the best chefs were from Abruzzo.  I protested and he said (in his delectable Italian accent), "No, it is not my opinion.  It is the truth."

Apparently the best cooking school in the region is in the Abruzzo and every serious Michelin starred chef has trained there, no matter where they are from in Italy.

Then Michele said he wanted to take me to a Producer's Dinner after Slow Food or Tre Bicchieri.

Gosh, I love this guy.  And he is local.  And shops at my store.

Cannot wait to taste that Lacrima di Morro d'Alba Reserva!

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment