Sep 13, 2010

Here Is Some Ranger Fun

Here are some box scores from some of the first MLB games I ever saw.  Here  and here.  That is my first major MLB/Ranger memory.  I went with my folks to Arlington at the end of June, 1976 to see a doubleheader against the White Sox.  We actually only wanted to watch the evening game and just as we settled in to our seats Toby Harrah hit a walk-off Grand Slam to win the first game 8-4.  I  had remembered the second game as a massive White Sox blowout of the Rangers but apparently it was not quite as bad as my childhood memory.  The Rangers lost 14-9, but had a lead as late as the 5th inning.  Hall-of-Famer Gaylord Perry benefitted from Harrah's Grand Slam, got the win, a Complete Game 8-hitter.  (Bucky Dent was with the White Sox back then.  Chet Lemon, Jorge Orta in the White Sox OF.  Sundberg catching the Rangers, natch, and Tom Grieve a PH.)

No comments:

Post a Comment