Feb 12, 2013

Come home David Fincher,

Near all is forgiven.  I forgive you for Benjamin Button, and I forgive you for this, and for this, too.  I forgive you because House of Cards, starring Kevin Spacey, Robin Wright, and Kate Mara, is such a delicious sour candy treat.

Basically, House of Cards, a remake of a UK series, based upon a novel of the same name, is a epic miniseries version of The Prince by Machiavelli.  But with a top-notch cast, great writing, and some great directing talent.  Fincher directs two episodes, James Foley three, and Joel Schumacher two.  Plus, the whole first season, all twelve chapters, thirteen hours, is dropped right unto our laps in one shot.

It is fun mean cynical stuff, and I am ripping through the first season as we speak.  A second season has already been given the go-ahead, so, there will be that to look forward to, as well.

I barely started the original UK series, but abandoned it quickly.  It was not bad.  I just was not in the mood.  I will give it another crack after I have finished the US version.

Fincher's episodes, the first two, remind you of the all the things we like about him:  His knack with young people, and their situations; and his dry sense of humor and wit.

Great cracking addictive stuff.

House of Cards, both the US and UK versions, stream on Netflix.









Mwah, ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment