Sep 17, 2013

This is most def a red letter day for me,

What with Thomas Pynchon's latest novel, Bleeding Edge, being released.  And the new eponymously titled MGMT record released, as well.

One savvy reviewer of the MGMT record even mentioned the word entropy in their review.  He must be like me, seeing the harmonic convergence of these two events on the same day.  And, a Pynchon fan to boot, most likely.

And speaking of reviews, the NYT Bleeding Edge review written by Jonathon Letham is one of the finest reviews I have read in a very long time -- for any type of art.  Letham totally gets Pynchon, but at a distance, and he is not a slobbering fan, or pretentious Pynchon freak like so many others.  Plus, anybody who mentions Hakim Bey and T.A.Z.: The Temporary Autonomous Zone in a review of Pynchon is super fine in my book.

Work sucks today, but these two things will brighten my mood, but double quick!














xxxoooxxx,
Ardent


No comments:

Post a Comment