Dec 20, 2013

Day 3 (Duck droppings)

I am working seven days straight, right up until Xmas Day when I will be off.  This is Day 3.


Thank you very much, driftglass.  You really nailed it.

Honestly, I was going to let this whole Duck Dynasty poop pass until I woke up to Fox News this morning.  My gosh, they are acting like this backwater redneck hillbilly preacher man is being sent to a gulag in Siberia.  They keep screaming about the First Amendment.

Folks, this ain't a First Amendment issue.  The network, A&E, can fire, suspend, or near pretty much do  whatever the hell they feel like to this homophobic racist moron.  Tough for him.  You can squawk about the hypocritical nature of A&E raking in the cash from the hillbillies and then pulling the rug out from underneath them  (they knew who they had hired.  He had been saying shit like this for years), but no body is denying anyone their Freedom of Speech.

But, let us back track:  Fox News (and the rest of Wingnuttia) has gotten its panties in a twist over this, yet they only ever talk about the gay stuff.  They do not ever seem to mention this:

"I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once," the reality star said of growing up in pre-Civil-Rights-era Louisiana. "Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I'm with the blacks, because we're white trash. We're going across the field ... They're singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, 'I tell you what: These doggone white people' — not a word!"

Robertson continued, "Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."


Arguably, that is even worse than the rote know it by heart Leviticus bullshit about homosexuals! No wonder Fox News is not talking about that.

(There is an idiot GOP "Public Servant", however, who has compared Robertson to Rosa Parks. Favorably.  So there is that.)

Jeez Louise! UGH!












mds

No comments:

Post a Comment