Jan 2, 2013

This is my 1000th post on fauxluxe.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this blog.  I love and appreciate you all.  And, Happy New Year, everyone!

This was hung up in Billy Wilder's office.  Every day he would ask himself how his great mentor would do it.  Brilliant beyond words.


I am currently watching the fifteen part, sixteen hour long "film course", The Story of Film, An Odyssey, which is streaming on Netflix.

In the introduction to the series, the "author/teacher", Mark Cousins, seems wanting to provoke an argument about the history of film, and just how different his history will be, which made me somewhat wary.

But, there is no need to be.  This history is hitting on exactly all the big highlights that I already knew about, and has the bonus of teaching me about dozens of directors and films that look very intriguing, and which I am very excited to seek out, most of them from Japan.

In fact, watching the series, I need to keep a little notebook to remind me of these "new" films and directors.

I am currently about halfway through the series, and the Indian director, Satyajit Ray.  I will keep you folks posted through my journey.

(P.S. Mark Cousins' Northern Irish accent is to die for.  That is pretty entertaining on its own.)







Once again, Happy New Year, everyone! I love you all,






Mwah, ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment