Feb 7, 2012

Scattershot film notes:

The Iron Lady, as discussed before, was not all that good.  Too much slow dancing, too much romance, not enough policy, or Question Time.

Ah, to be young & famous.
************

Also saw Crazy Stupid Love on the tube, and it was not very good, either.  Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling were the best thing it.  Their "sex scene" was the best part of the film.  (And when Mr Gosling took his shirt off, I swear Renee's jaw dropped.  I think she has a new movie star crush. That is fine w/ me, I love Ryan Gosling, too.)  The ending of Crazy Stupid Love was lame, as well. (The whole film is kind of an unfocussed mess.)  The ending was v derivative of Wes Anderson's work.  The Wife disagrees w/ me on the last point.

************

And speaking of Wes Anderson, we saw the trailer for his new film in between trailers for the upcoming Godfather one-night events (yawn, I will not be in queue for those films), and Titanic 3D (nope, ain't interested in that, either.)

The trailer was identifiable as a Wes Anderson flick mere seconds in to it.  And it looks like all his other films.  And I do not care.  I could really use a good dose of Wes right now.  I am extremely excited.



************

Watched Pauline à la Plage last night.  (I am sick.  It is just a cold.)  It was so wonderful.  I love Eric Rohmer so much, all his talky comedies about love, seduction, pursuit, philosophy, and the meaning of love.  His films are like beautiful little pill boxes or Russian nesting dolls, so charming and delightful.  I will watch more Rohmer when I get home tonight.  Sick, under covers, covered with cats, eating soup, and drinking clear hody.



xxxoooxxx,
Ardent

No comments:

Post a Comment