Feb 14, 2012

There almost always is a method

To my madness.

The crucial albums that Renee and I listened to when we first starting "going out"/living together in 2002:

Electric Warrior/ T Rex
the first two White Stripes records (thanks to Chris McClung)
The Cars' eponymous debut (Thanks to Chris again)
Sticky Fingers/ The Rolling Stones
The Coast is Never Clear/ Beulah  (Renee and I saw Beulah at Bimbo's in the City in 2002.  For the first round of encores the singer/guitarist pulled me up on to the stage to play with the band.  I, naturally, immediately reached in to the crowd to pull Renee on to the stage with me.  She shook her head so furiously.  There was no way she was getting on that stage.)
Is This It?/ The Strokes
Field Studies/ Quasi
Bill Withers/ Lovely Day:  Bill Withers' Greatest Hits

************

I invited Renee over for a lavish, insane Valentine's Day Dinner.  I was living in one of the coolest apartments in the entire Bay Area, with an absolute madman for a housemate.

One of my facebook friends was there, too.  Sean O.


Sean, did you bring a 1994 Ridge Monte Bello? Is that right?

************

Renee, later that Summer, asked me to be her date for her parents fortieth Wedding Anniversary party.

Oh, I was furious.  Because this was the same day that the US played Germany in the World Cup Quarterfinals.  UGH!


Who would have known amongst all of us at the table that night that Renee and I would be married and have been together for ten years now?

************




Thank goodness for you, Renee, who made me finally respect myself and become a man.  I love you to pieces, angel, and always will.






And, oh yeah, Germany beat the US one-nil.



Mwah, 
AH

No comments:

Post a Comment