Feb 23, 2012

Toni Collette,

Next in the Women Michael Loves series.

She loves Dancing Queen.
Ms Collette is such a smashing actress and has long been one of my favorite people to enjoy on the big screen.

There are two moments from her career that stand out to me.  One only lasts a second or so and she does not even have a line.  It happens in Little Miss Sunshine when Greg Kinnear and Steve Carell are arguing in the VW bus.  Ms Collette is sitting in the passenger seat, smiling, half laughing, and you can see all the love she has for both of these flawed men.  One is her brother (Carell) and the other is her husband (Kinnear).  It is an astonishing, very simple piece of acting that gives me goosebumps every time I see it.

The other life-changing, profound performance from Collette that I treasure is the scene where she meets her prospective husband at the pool in Muriel's Wedding.

She is one of the best working today.  I love Ms Collette.

"Isn't it funny how beautiful people look as they're walking out the door."







No comments:

Post a Comment