Oct 2, 2014

Actually,

I suppose I do not have that much to say re Gilmore Girls in its entirety dropping on to Netflix tomorrow.  Other than, I am ecstatic, and I could really use a giant dose of Gilmore Girls right about exactly now.

But, I was perusing fauxluxe for past Gilmore Girls posts, and happened to notice that I never talked about the show directly.  It was always a train a thought somehow connected to the real subject of the post.  That is fine, and perfect, actually, for the loony, stream of consciousness, insanely pop culture referenced, His Girl Friday dialogue of the first five essential seasons of the program.  

So here below is an annotated list (with links) to three Gilmore Girls posts from fauxluxe.  One each from 2011, 2012, and 2013.

This is from 2012, and is actually one of my fave fauxluxe posts ever. Here I compare Lena Dunham's Girls to Gilmore Girls, and I get it all horribly wrong about Veep.  Veep is obviously the best thing on television now, and Gilmore Girls is nine million more times better than Girls, which was already coming apart after just two seasons.

This post is from December 2013.  Here I compare Gilmore Girls to Scandal, which I think is a pretty decent observation, as well.  Plus, Liza Rebecca Weil, who played Paris in Gilmore Girls, was a large part of Scandal's first season.  I still have a very soft spot in my heart for Scandal, even if I do not think it is a world beater as a teevee program.  This post also has some great Pinterest/Tumblr Paris gifs/memes, which I will prob post onto friendface later today or tomorrow.

Finally, this post is from May 2011, right after the Wife and I got married.  Now, I am talking about seeing Bridesmaids the day after the wedding, and how much I love Melissa McCarthy, who played Sookie on Gilmore Girls.  Even though I am not particularly crazy about the blockbuster films Ms McCarthy makes these days, I can not tell you how proud I am of her that she is now the number one box office draw in American film comedy today.  She and her husband deserve all of their success.  

************

I do not think I will binge on Gilmore Girls starting tomorrow, but, will prob enjoy a more leisurely pace, and could even skip around from season to season, like I do with The Rockford Files, Peep Show, The IT Crowd, etc, ... Sometimes I am going to want to be at Yale (The Paris years!), and sometimes I am going to want to be back at Stars Hollow when Rory was still at high school.  

It is going to be a lot of great fun, though, whichever way I do it.  Gotta keep my ears open.  I want to catch every single reference or spoof all over again.












Mwah, ...













No comments:

Post a Comment