Mar 14, 2012

Lipstick

Whoever invented lipstick as we know it, in the twist tube, is a stone-cold genius.  And, no, I am not going to research it and find out exactly who did it.  And, yes, I know, women (and men) have been wearing "lipstick"  since ancient times (crushed beetles and pollen, fruit juice, whathaveyou.)

A woman today can be instantly transformed just by applying a bit of lipstick.  It is the most amazing little weapon in a woman's arsenal.  My friend, Daña, told me that during the Depression, when women could barely afford to have makeup, that all women at least kept a tube of lipstick.



And there really is no equivalent for men.  The closest I could think of was a man wearing a button down shirt and tie.  Nick C suggested the man combing his hair.












mds

No comments:

Post a Comment