Dec 18, 2011

In terms of my personal relationships:

You kind of have to love me.  I demand unconditional devotional attention.

My friend, Stephanie Swenson, back in college, once said to me, "I think of you religiously."  Now, she did not mean in terms of how often she thought of me, but in terms of purely how she thought of me.

Stephanie Swenson's quote was the arrow through the brain, if you will.  I finally reached a certain level of self-realization that could be considered crucial to leading a successful adult life.  Even if I did not exemplify the life of an adult at that time.

To be a friend, lover of mine you must be "all in."  


You must be willing to put up with all my irresponsibility and insensitivity.

There are many who have ultimately stumbled at that last hurdle, who have rode so long, but eventually, could not ride with me any more.  And that is alright.

Yet, there are numerous others, in fact, prob, all those of you who are reading this right now, that have signed on until the end of the course.

I would have been a most fab Cult Leader, but, alas, I am so lazy.



mds




No comments:

Post a Comment