Dec 22, 2011

The Wife & I

Received a lovely Xmas present the other day, a bottle of Cafaro 2006 Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.  I did not feel like waiting, or throwing it in the keller, so I popped it open, tenderly decanted it, and we had it with pasta and some fab Della Fattoria bread

The wine is amazing, so elegant, with elements of lighter red-colored fruits, like berries, say, and even notes of Bordeaux-style pencil-lead in there.

I know I am really enjoying a wine when my pours for it are getting smaller and smaller as I go through the bottle.  The Wife & I like small glass pours, anyway (unlike most of our friends), so these pours were getting near microscopic

Here is a picture of the bottle:


Martin Luther, I have gained a whole new respect for you.

(But one of the neatest things about the whole splendid experience is the quote on the back of the bottle:  It is a quote from Martin Luther, of all people, and goes thusly, "Beer is made by Men, Wine is made by God."  Now, is that one of the Ninety-Five Theses I completely missed?)

All my love, kids, and if you are in retail or a vendor I am passing on an extra super-duper helping of adoration to you.  Channel your inner-Poppy and smile.  KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.

Mwah, ...

No comments:

Post a Comment