Dec 27, 2011

What fun!

Just for joshing around I figured I would check to see if I could buy "albums" by one of my fave Austim bands, Javelin Boot, on iTunes. 

Yup, they were available, both The Schwa Sound and The Mauve Album. 

What fantastic fun! Javelin Boot were a pop trio, guitar/bass/drums, where all three wrote and sang lead.  They recorded their original material for their "records" (my original copy of The Schwa Sound was on cassette) but earned their wages by being a fantastic cover band, playing the nine million University of Texas Frat Parties.  Their Frat shows and their Club shows (where they played mostly originals) were both great. 

So, I have been listening to The Schwa Sound over and over again non-stop, lately.  If I can figure out a way to share some of these tracks w/ you folks, I will.


Hmmmm, great old Austim Pop Music! Those were the days, kids.
 (And, btw, for Dave Barber, Kristin, Kate, Allison, and other residents of the Smoking Lounge at the University of Texas Drama Building, one of the songs on The Schwa Sound, Alone, -- so the rumor goes -- is about our fellow student, Jennifer Beautiful Hair.  Where is Jennifer Beautiful Hair these days?)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, and "Alone" wasn't specifically about Jennifer...let's say she was one of the people who inspired it. Wow, she totally disappeared!

    ReplyDelete