Dec 31, 2011

What did The Wife & I do on New Years Eve 2011?

We ate ribs.  Leftover ribs from Everett and Jones.  (Thanks, Mum & Da.)  (Mum & Da are at this moment safely tucked in to their bed; the duvet, shall we say, colder Tulsa than Bay Area; or just aboot to reach that blissful existence.)  We drank nearly (95%, the Pinot Meunier is the hang up, the grower has to buy that existentially small amount of red fruit to make his Champagne the glowing, fantastic wine that it is) Grower Champagne.  We watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World.  We drank (I drank) Keenan 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon.  My Sweetie fell asleep on my lap.  I had a cigarette outside, took another sip. and now I am here.  Here.  Now.

************

Michael David Spitler sings, "Love and Rockets are my friends/Love and Rockets are my friends/David! Kevin! Daniel!"

Generally my experiences w/ customers this holiday season were good.  My fave was the not so attractive but not not attractive Mum & daughter on Xmas Eve.  "He just flirted w/ you," sed the Mum to her daughter as I tried to sell her Cabernet.  I was not the "He" in this picture.  The "He" was a customer, passing by.  They had a v good laugh and we resumed our boring, expected business.  But this Mum was special (and great), she barely fought w/ me o'er a recommendation and exclaimed (rightly), "Now, I'm flirting with you."  Her daughter thought it was a hoot.  It was.  They bought great wine.  They are my new heroes.

*************

Where was I?

*************

Elegant stitching presumes class and reveals dough.  Elegant wine presumes class and reveals taste, which is something that no matter how much money you have hoarded, if you are failing in that one crucial regard, it is a failing that could (and should) cripple you.

*************

We are here in the Human Jungle; desperate for the sex and travel, desperate for the wink, the shift of a female hip; the attention paid to an old man, stuttering, as he speaks of Pre-Code films, a language ne'er nearly any young woman might understand.  It pays, pays, to be truly understood and respected these daies.

Where would one be right now? Where would we all be?

It is a v strange (but most beautiful) New Years.

Angel,

Sit on my lap,

I'll kiss you until kisses run out.





mds




No comments:

Post a Comment