Apr 23, 2012

I thought Veep was very good

Last night.  It is an American version of The Thick of It, with all the bungles, swearing, and incompetence.  And I thought they made the switch across the pond seem seamless.  And, it is just going to get even better.  A lot of people were probably scratching their heads.  They are not familiar with these In the Loop/The Thick of It guys.  It will grow on folks, and should prob be a cult-y sort of hit for HBO.

Mark my words, most of the lefty political blogs that are bitching about Veep now, will be posting scenes and quips from it themselves in a few months from now.

I had nothing to fear, after all.  Veep is going to be one of my all-time faves.  (And Sorkin's new show, The Newsroom, happening in June, looks dynamite, too.  HBO are Kings.  But when do we get the third season of Treme?)

No comments:

Post a Comment