Jul 6, 2012

This happened six months before I moved

To the Bay Area, and there were some tangential friends of my housemate's that were actually called in for questioning -- not as suspects, I do not think, but they did wear black a lot and liked The Cure, so naturally, ...

Anyway, now the Public Safety Commission would like a new, external investigation in to what really happened on that awful December night.  Good for them, and I hope they get one.  Of course, the Austin Police and the District Attorney are furious.  Because, despite having their convictions thrown out and the two men released, they are whole-heartedly convinced that they got the right guys.

I just do not believe that Scott and Springsteen and the other two high-schoolers were even remotely capable of committing a brutal crime like this.  Plus, the DNA did not match any of the four high schoolers, and the interrogating Detective, Hector Polanco, was "famous" for eliciting false confessions.

I am sticking with the the two adult men theory.  There were two shifty, nervous men, hanging out at the yogurt shop right at closing.

I sincerely hope that this new outside investigation is allowed to proceed unfettered, with all available resources provided.

This tragic tragic tragic cold case is now over twenty years old.














No comments:

Post a Comment