Oct 25, 2012

I will be in Norman, OK on Saturday, October 27



For the epic Sooners/Notre Dame Top Ten tussle.  The Irish have seven wins against no losses, and are ranked No. 5 in the AP Poll.  The Sooners are five and one, and are ranked No. 8 in the AP.

The Sooners have only beaten the Irish once in their history, and have never beaten Touchdown Jesus at home.

It is going to be one of the coolest things I ever do.  The game will be nationally televised, and should be one of the most heavily viewed college football games of the BCS era.

We will be striping the stadium, as well.  Alternating sections of the bowl, fans are instructed to wear either crimson or cream, depending on where you sit.  My parents informed me today that we will be sitting in a crimson section.

I will take lots of pictures and give you the whole lowdown on fauxluxe when I return.

(The video above retells the Sooner Magic story of Oklahoma scoring late to beat Nebraska in 1976.  Galen Hall was OU's offensive coordinator, and Elvis Peacock (great name!) was instrumental on the game-winning drive, which included a halfback pass and a hook and lateral play to set up the winning score.)

I love you all!
BOOMER SOONER!






michael

No comments:

Post a Comment