May 18, 2012

Cannes 2012.

Smashing poster for the festival.



Wes Anderson's Moonrise Kingdom opened the festival, but as excited as I am about that, I am even more excited about the new Cristian Mungiu film, Dupa Dealuri (Beyond the Hills).  That link, yeah, I know, but there is no trailer out there yet.

Plus, there is a new Alain Resnais (?!) film; a new Cronenberg, starring Twilight hottie, Robert Pattinson; Lawless, with Gary Oldman; Lee Daniels' The Paperboy, with Matthew McConaughey, Zac Efron, and John Cusack; and Killing Them Softly with Brad Pitt, Ray Liotta, and James Galdolfini.

Not a single woman director at the festival this year, which they are rightly taking some heat for, but a lot of really good stuff it seems.  I hope they show the awards on teevee, seeing all those stunning french actresses presenting the awards is always a highlight of my year!






















xxxoooxxx, 
Ardent

No comments:

Post a Comment