Aug 5, 2012

I completely forgot this was shot in the Bay Area.



And, we were just at the Sutro Baths a few weeks ago.  Criterion have done an absolutely amazing job with their bluray, and this comes about as highly recommended a purchase as I could make for all of you folks out there.

My stock for Harold and Maude has been up and down for decades now.  This is about as fond of it as I have ever been, and I totally want to run through all of Hal Ashby's films right now.  Gosh, I wish Criterion could do The Last Detail and Shampoo, too.


"Vice, virtue.  It's best not to be too moral.  You cheat yourself out of too much life.  Aim above morality.  If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully."

And, of course, 

"Don't get officious.  You're not yourself when you're officious -- that is the curse of a government job."


No comments:

Post a Comment