Aug 16, 2012

Now I can really get in to the details.

Man with a Movie Camera poster.
And so can you! That is a link to the Explore Sight & Sound's 2012 Greatest Film Poll.  Knock yourselves out.  I have just barely scraped the surface.  (No votes for All That Jazz, fourteen for Trouble in Paradise, three for Cabaret, etc, ... )

I will post a big big big rundown later this week.

I watched Man with a Movie Camera today (number eight on the 2012 Critics' List.)  It is a majestic, gorgeous, magical little "documentary" that I will purchase through Amazon this weekend.  More on that later, too.

Here is David Thomson's Top Ten Ballot. (Still sticking with Blue Velvet, hunh? Ick.)



There are oodles of artists, orchestras, and bands that have scored Man with a Movie Camera. This score, heard above, is by Cinematic Orchestra, and the video above is a one reel edit of the full seven reel film.  I rented on Amazon streaming the version with Michael Nyman's score.  The dvd I will buy has Nyman's score and one or two other choices, I believe.

Man with a Movie Camera is very ardently highly recommended.








Mwah, ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment